Thinking of buying?
If it was just about writing the contract, your lawyer could do it. Buying an Equestrian Property, Luxury Estate, Building Site, Farm, Ranch or Horse Facility can be a complicated venture. Here are some questions to ask before you jump in.
- How are you going to find the “perfect” property?
- When you do find it, how do you know there isn’t a better one right around the corner?
- How can you be sure there are no hidden problems with the property that will cause you grief in the future?
- Is the property worth what you’re paying for it?
- If you had the services of an experienced negotiator, could you get a better deal?
- If you’re buying a property to run a business or as an investment, can you calculate your Internal Rate of Return (IRR), Cash-Flow Before and After Taxes (CFBT & CFAT), Net Present Value (NPV), and Cap Rate? What do these numbers mean?
- And finally, how many hours and days are you willing to spend researching insurance, zoning, infrastructure, building costs, drainage, septic systems, water wells, ring footing, income statements, expense reports, employee costs, building quality, easements, rights of way, site profiles, property disclosure statements, riparian rights, creek setbacks, development bylaws, and feasibility studies?
All of these questions and more are ones that I answer every day. Selling properties is my full-time profession. My promise to you is to find you a property that meets your requirements, to help you negotiate the best deal possible, to look after your best interests above all others. If I don’t know the answer, I know someone who does.
So how am I going to find you the “perfect” property? Everyday I search all of the new listings to find the property that would best be suited for your purpose from luxury properties, equestrian estates, acreages, building sites, farms, and ranches. If you let me know what you’re looking for, I will keep you in mind any time I find something new that becomes available.
But how do I know there isn’t something better right around the corner? Maybe there is, but the chances are I know about it. There may be a property that was listed for sale all of last year and has now expired from the MLS®, but I know that they are still interested in selling. I stay on top of all of these things – it’s my livelihood.
I also know what isn’t listed on the market. I come from an equestrian family going back generations. I am well known, well respected, well connected, and I know the “players” in the equestrian world. It may be the case that the perfect property for you is not currently for sale – that the owners hadn’t even thought about selling. That doesn’t mean they wouldn’t consider it if approached in the right way.
My years of experience, training and checklists ensure that nothing is ever forgotten. Don't forget, when I work for you as a Buyer, my job is not to "sell the property," - my responsibility is to represent your best interests.
I work hard for your business. I firmly believe that those who appreciate the service I offer will choose to take advantage of my extensive market knowledge when buying or selling their property.